Photos / Rich in History
Lyon Drug is located on the corner of 9th and Lincoln downtown in the historic Maxwell/Squire Building. First known as the Maxwell Building, it was built in 1908 by J.D. Maxwell and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Mr. Maxwell built this building of local pressed brick from Trogler's brickyard, stone trim and plate glass. It was originally heated by steam and was considered one of the finest buildings of its time. In 1947 Frank Squire became the owner. A post office occupied a room on the ground floor from 1909 to 1962. In 1920, Chamberlain-Grey Drug Store was the first drug store to occupy this site. It is now Lyon Drug and houses an old-fashioned soda fountain and pharmacy. We remain dedicated to continue a legacy rich in history and local pride.