Services / Fitness
Over 30 Classes per week, including Step, Strength & Stretch, Yoga, Water Aerobics, Total Fitness and Pilates. Click here to view schedule.
Types of Exercise Classes Offered:
Strength and Stretch
Black Diamond Fitness
PBS - Power-Balance-Strength
Total Fitness - Aerobics and Weights
Weight Rooms & Cardiovascular Area
The Fitness Center is always open when the facility is open. There are Free Weights, Weight Machines, Elliptical Machines, Treadmills and Bikes available. There are over 30 classes per week including Step, Strengthening, Yoga, Pilates, Spin and Aerobics. See our class schedule for times. There is a daily fee for visitors which can be combined for a few dollars more with a soak in the pools and lap swimming. Click here to view schedule. Cardiovascular Machines:
Concept II Rowing Machine*
Spin Bikes in Fitness Area
Reebok Body Trecs
Fitness Programs offered by Personal Trainers
Personal Trainers working at the OTHS have a Personal Training Certification and at least one year's experience in training. Trainers are also capable of providing group "specialty" classes for OTHS clientele.
Weight Room Orientation
Personalized Strength Program (PSP)
Post Rehab Program
Youth Weight/Cardio Program
Youth Personal Training
Body Fat Analysis
Consultations (Diet & Workout)
Personal Trainers, Exercise Instructors and Aerobic Instructors
Chris Voyvodic: AFAA Cert. Personal Trainer, Cert. Mat Science Level l & ll, Paul Chek Swiss Ball Training for Athletes. 970-879-1828, ext. 303.
Peggy Van Vliet: AEA Cert Aquatics Instructor, AEA Cert. Personal Trainer, CMC Health Fitness Technology Certification. 970-879-1828, ext. 314.
Brent Tollar: ACE Cert. Personal Trainer. 970-879-1828, ext. 307.
Ronni Collins: ACE Certified Trainer, ACE Group Fitness Certified, Level 1 CrossFit Certification.
Exercise instructors are required to have a current exercise certification and Medic First Aid including CPR, AED, O2. There are presently 15 instructors on staff.
Spin: Katie Lindquist, Simonne Oliver, Shannon Dillard, Ronni Collins and Penny Hamilton.
Yoga: Jill Barker, Lynda Van Tassle, Cristen Malia, and Jenny Gabriel.
Pilates: Karen Jimmerson and Nadine Bramlett
Zumba: Jodi Glaisher and Heidi Meshurel-Jolly.
Barre Fit: Jamie Boeri
H2o: Sara Gorevan and Marietta Roberts.
Aerobic Instructors: Ronni Collins, Penny Hamilton, Karen Jimmerson, Simonne Oliver, Sam Pearson, Jodi Glaisher, Heidi Meshurel-Jolly, Nadine Bramlett and Michele Meyer.
Aqua Aerobics Coordinator: Sara Gorevan
Aqua Zumba: Jodi Glaisher and Izabela Banas
Fees & Appointments: Contact Simonne Oliver, 970-879-1828, ext. 314 email@example.com
Cardiovascular Machines Sign-up: All Cardiovascular equipment requires signing up for half-hour increments. Advanced sign up (one day prior) is available at the front desk or in the cardiovascular area on clipboards next to the machines on the day of use. *These machines do not require sign up.
Spin Class Sign-up: Spin classes require advanced sign up at ext. 0.
Schedule: Stop by the front desk, call 970-879-1828, ext. 0, or click here for a listing of this month's classes.
Waivers: Day visitors and individuals starting a fitness program need to sign a waiver before joining the class.
Fitness Center Suggestions
• Sign up for your machine. Sign-up sheets are upstairs. You may reserve a machine the day before by calling the front desk or stopping by the facility. You may reserve a machine on the day you want to use it by stopping by and signing up for that particular piece of cardio equipment. You may sign up in 30-minute increments. If you are five minutes late for the equipment for which you have signed up, you may lose your spot to another user. When you are finished with your workout, please be courteous and prompt in getting off your machine.
• Wipe down the machine and equipment that you are using. Disinfectant spray and towels are available. Hand sanitizer machines are also throughout the building. This is a way we can all avoid germs and getting sick during the winter months.
• The music in the Fitness Center is the Classic Rock station from XM Radio. While everyone has a different taste in music, it has proven to be a neutral fit for all. You are welcome to wear your own headphones or Ipod if you object to the music.
• All members are invited to learn how to use the weight and cardio equipment in the Fitness Center. Sign up at the front desk for a free orientation.
• It is important not to drop the free weights on the floor of the Fitness Center, which is the upper floor of the building. This can cause structural damage to the floor, even though the floor has been reinforced. It also gives a huge jolt to members and employees on the lower level. Please help by also letting any teenage family members know as well.
• Use the fitness machines between 1:30 and 3:30 in the afternoon if you prefer to work out at a quieter time of the day.
• A tremendous variety of fitness classes are available in the Fitness Center, on the upper level of the Old Town Hot Springs. You’ll find Spin, Step, Pilates, Yoga, Total Fitness, Turbo Kickbox, and more.